Otvorená pracovná pozícia v DUHOVKA
English Language/Literature and Geography Teacher
- Typ uväzku
- Ortenovo nám. 1274/34, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice, Czechia
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
Do you have experience with teaching English and/or geography at a high school? Are you interested in joining the unique project of a Montessori high school? This is your opportunity!
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Duhovka High School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic English Language and Geography Teacher to join our team.
What exactly we would expect you to do?
- Teaching Middle School and High School English language, literature courses and geography
- Establish a positive, student-centred learning environment
- Establish a comprehensive, differentiated and balanced array of learning experiences, which meet the students’ needs in developing skills, concepts and understandings
- Effectively provide feedback to learners on their skills, progress and achievement, according to the school’s standards-based criteria
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams
- Create and use tailor-made projects, case studies, study materials, etc.
What we need from you?
- To be a native English speaker
- Bachelor or Masters University Degree in Education preferred
- A minimum of three years teaching experience
- Provable ability to teach both English as an additional language and geography would be an advantage
- IB DP and IGCSE experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and will to capture student interest and win them over to study intensively
- Creative teaching methods, innovative approach
What competencies and skills we need from you?
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with 12-18-year-old students
- English language on high level
- Interest in the Montessori approach, project method, critical thinking and individual skills development
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the Duhovka mission
- International and/or multi-cultural experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-driven & proactive attitude
- Flexible, innovative and solutions focused
What we offer?
- Attractive international environment of a prestigious private bilingual school
- Continuous professional and personal development
- Full time employment (22 teaching hours per week) with employment contract
- Positive working environment
- Competitive salary
- 8 weeks of paid holidays, 4 sick days
- Discount on school fee for children after first year of cooperation
- Start date: 2nd half of August, 2019
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter via the response form (below) to Blanka Horáčková (HR Manager). Or you can ask any questions regarding this position. We are looking forward to your answer.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.