Open position at Wrike
Senior Cloud Ops Engineer
- Work schedule
Wrike is the most powerful work management platform. Built for teams and organizations looking to collaborate, create, and exceed every day, Wrike brings everyone and all work into a single place to remove complexity, increase productivity, and free people up to focus on their most purposeful work.
Our vision: A world where everyone is free to focus on their most purposeful work, together.
Ready to become a future Wriker?
As a Senior Cloud Ops Engineer at Wrike, you have advanced skills in supporting cloud and data center infrastructure with security in mind - you know how to work with containers, networking, monitoring, automation, and debugging a (reasonably) complex infrastructure. You feel comfortable defining your own work based on the team OKRs from time to time. You can also help others do so when necessary. You are used to proposing meaningful improvements to the existing infrastructure in alignment with architects and tech leads, and you can drive the execution. You will become part of a core development team of 250+ engineers developing Wrike.
You would have possibilities to participate in high-end technical projects such as Kafka implementation, internal database management system, command and control systems within an international team scattered across Prague, Cyprus and Tallinn.
In this role, you would become a part of the whole sysops department which is exposed to various technologies and systems. Does this sound like you? If your answer is yes, we'd love to speak with you!
More about Your team
We have 20 folks in the SysOps team. The whole SysOps department consists of three teams distributed in Prague & Cyprus. At this moment, we are looking for someone who will become a core team member with an opportunity to contribute with:
- Managing Wrike product infrastructure
- Owning Kubernetes and Kafka platforms
- DB management
- Working with GCP and other providers in IaaC paradigm
- Participating in a single SRE unit with backend reliability team
- Internal processes automation and infrastructure testing
- Running several product and internal applications
How do we work?
- We run Java, Erlang, and PHP applications in Kubernetes and standalone
- Nginx, HAproxy and Istio for load balancing
- postgreSQL as DB platform
- Kafka and rabbitmq for messaging
- Graylog, Logstash, Fluentd for logging
- Prometheus (VictoriaMetrics) and Zabbix for monitoring
- Puppet, Ansible and Terraform for defining everything as a code
- Jenkins and Gitlab-CI for making pipelines
- Python to automate everything
- GCP, AWS and Cloudflare are our cloud providers
How You'll make an impact
Maintain the reliability, stability, and efficiency of the platform.
- Help our teams to automate everyday tasks.
- Implement, and support new infrastructure services.
- Work with the team on improving the configuration management platform.
- Being an active participant in incident response and incident management, which includes being on-call from time to time.
- Actively develop and maintain professional connections within and outside of the team.
- Drive bigger projects end-to-end regularly, with the basic outline defined by more senior team members.
You will achieve your best if you have
Advanced knowledge in at least four of the following areas, intermediate knowledge of the rest: Data networks, Security, Database, Cloud providers, Process automation, Containerised application management.
- Advanced Linux administration skills with experience in maintaining highly available infrastructure for web application stack.
- Advanced experience with any of software load balancers like Nginx, Haproxy or Envoy/Istio.
- Sufficient scripting skills in Python/Bash or other scripting languages.
- Advanced experience with any Cloud Provider management using IAC (Terraform or other tool) (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with working with enterprise-grade infrastructure and SaaS solutions.
- Upper Intermediate English skills
You will stand out with
- Advanced experience running Kubernetes platform
- Strong understanding of Linux fundamentals: networking, security principles, hardware, troubleshooting, etc.
- Monitoring experience with Zabbix, Grafana or Prometheus.
- Intermediate experience with CI/CD tooling: GitlabCI/Jenkins (able to maintain existing pipelines and suggest improvements)
- Advanced experience with any of System Configuration Management tools (Ansible/Puppet/Salt etc).
Perks of working at Wrike
- 25 days of holidays
- Sick leave compensation
- Cafeteria (Benefit plus)
- Private healthcare membership (Canadian Medical)
- Meal vouchers
- Pension plan
- Mobile tariffs
- Life Insurance plan
- "Lítačka" transportation annual coupon reimbursement
- Multisport card
- Parental leave
- Interview with a Recruiter
- Technical interview
- Cultural interview
- Your recruitment buddy will be Tomas Petrik, Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who Is Wrike and Our Culture
We're a team of innovators and creators who solve the complex work problems of today and tomorrow.
Smart: We love what we do, and we're great at it because this is our domain. Our combined knowledge in this space is unmatched.
Dedicated: We get up every day focused on helping our customers win. We're committed to helping our teammates win, too!
Approachable: We're friendly, easy to get along with, considerate, and helpful.
Our culture and values
📈 Deliver Business Outcomes
🥇 Be better than the competition
🚀 Move fast. Then, move faster
🤝 Know our customers
🏆 We win together
💪 Have courage