Otvorená pracovná pozícia v REVOLGY
CLOUD ENGINEER - GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM
- Typ uväzku
- Klimentská 1, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Česko
Full-time · Start date asap · Up to 100% remote · EU citizens · Europe (pref. max +/- 3 hours difference to CET)
WE ARE REVOLGY
...a bunch of cloud-native enthusiasts. Currently, there are about 60 of us. Leading Czech cloud-services company, on the market since 1996. Certified and trusted partner of Google and AWS, providing digital transformation services through cloud infrastructure and online collaboration tools. Helping our 2000+ B2B (Baltics 2 Balkan) clients grow their business in the cloud.
WE WANT YOU! 🤩
Our team of super ambitious folks with strong collaboration and communication skills needs a new colleague. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Technical production team to help our Kubernetes team develop, operate and improve our stack (Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Istio, Terraform etc.) including CI/CD Pipelines (Gitlab-CI, Circle CI) on Google Cloud Platform!
OUR VALUES AND APPROACH
👨👩👧👧 Teamwork - We believe this value is one of the most important things not only in Revolgy, but also in our everyday life. Working with other people gives us the ability to unlock our mind's hidden potentials as we receive stimulus and information that we might not notice instantly, but it can subconsciously improve us.
🤗 Flexibility - Revolgians always know and/or believe that the result of their work has an impact in the technological humanity. We are this kind of people who know exactly where we aim, we never leave something to luck.
💡 Innovation - This is what has brought us to the life we live today. We take it as our mission for the technological humanity to innovate in the field of IT and especially in Cloud.
🎖 Service that exceeds expectation - This value is like a multifactor authentication system as it requires multiple steps to be unlocked. We work effectively and quickly, have a futuristic mindset to leave space for growth considering always the maximization of the performance.
All the values above, together, bring the result we all want. Happy Customers with smiley faces!
Imagine you, as a Cloud Engineer GCP, will be in charge of designing and building modern, resilient, cloud-native distributed systems using application containers and hosted services. Starting from scratch or migrating from an existing system to the public cloud. Provisioning, services configuration and communication with the client will become your daily routine and you’ll gain confidence in these skills soon. You’ll also:
- Continue on improvement of our GCP stack including CI/CD pipelines
- Analyze the current technical state of our customer systems and think of possible improvements
- Investigate issues, provide regular updates and work closely with the customers on resolving them
- Plan transitions of customer architectures to the cloud and revise already migrated systems
- Containerize applications and evangelize Kubernetes as the orchestration platform
- Follow Everything as a Code principle (i.e. Terraform, but not only)
- Actively communicate with customers
- Create documentation
- Study new technologies and test them, and spread newly gained knowledge
WHAT YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO PERFORM IN THE ROLE
Background in computer systems and networks and/or operations and understanding of best practices and patterns in software development
- Strong knowledge of GCP and IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Knowledge of the multi-layered architecture and Service Oriented Architecture
- A broad overview of ICT, especially cloud and data centre areas
- Infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker etc)
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch)
- Experience with agile development, containers, databases, web services, Linux system administration
- Operating Kubernetes
- High accountability and the ability to work independently, team spirit, great analytical skills
- Fluent and confident communication skills in English (B2/C1)
WHAT MORE CAN HELP YOU TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience with SQL databases administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of Stackdriver, CloudWatch and PagerDuty
- Advanced (admin-level) knowledge of Kubernetes in production
- Excellent ability to communicate technical information, especially to the decision makers
- Experience with migrating data centres and applications to other locations / cloud
- Technical certification in the Azure or GCP area
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU 💗
Remote-first culture - Work wherever you are most productive - at home, while travelling or in our office in Prague. Benefit from processes and mindsets which are 100% oriented towards working flexible hours, as long as you can attend scheduled meetings.
Revolgy people - We believe that teamwork and trust are what matters. And we live that. People at Revolgy are not afraid to take responsibility, not afraid to make important decisions. We are curious, confident, and willing to learn and improve.
And more...4 weeks of paid vacation + 1 additional week after 12 months · Multisport card or FlexiPass · Company sim card with unlimited data and mobile phone contribution for employees · Company notebook · Uber & Liftago for business purposes · GallupStrengths talent DNA analysis · Paid training and certifications · Attending conferences and having the option to present · Knowledge sharing & educational programs provided by Google, AWS, and other technology partners · Company events & meetups
REVOLGY HIRING PROCESS
Apply and you will be asked to complete an application form and we'll be in touch. Our application process usually has 5 steps. It includes an initial chat with HR and hiring manager, one technical task, then a chat with your future team, Gallup CliftonStrengths online analysis to discover your unique talent DNA, and a final chat with Mirek, our CEO. The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you 🙏
Tereza, Víťa, Ruda, Mirek and other Revolgians.
Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.